Our mission is to provide sustainable solutions - socially, environmentally and economically - for the growing creative community.
Listed below are resources to help artists develop a more sustainable career in the UN/NGO sector.
If you would like to add your resource to this list, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- UN Resolution A/RES/74/198: International Year of Creative Economy for Sustainable Development, 2021
- UNESCO: Arts & Creativity Beyond Crisis
- UN High Level Event on Culture and Sustainable Development
- World Health Organization (WHO): What is the evidence on the role of the arts in improving health and well-being? A scoping review (2019)
- 10 Steps on How UN/NGO Agencies Can Work Responsibly with Artists
- Towards Gender Equality in Film Production
By Richard Florida
Ten years ago, Richard Florida published a path-breaking book about the forces that were reshaping our economy, our geography, our work, and our whole way of life. Weaving story-telling with reams of original research, he traced a fundamental theme through a host of seemingly unrelated changes in American society: the growing role of creativity.
Marking Time: Art in the Age of Mass Incarceration
By Nicole R. Fleetwood
A powerful document of the inner lives and creative visions of men and women rendered invisible by America’s prison system.men and women rendered invisible by America’s prison system.
The War of Art
By Steven Pressfield
Bestselling novelist Steven Pressfield identifies the enemy that every one of us must face, outlines a battle plan to conquer this internal foe, then pinpoints just how to achieve the greatest success. The War of Art emphasizes the resolve needed to recognize and overcome the obstacles of ambition and then effectively shows how to reach the highest level of creative discipline.